Re: flex beta 2.5.22 released

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: flex beta 2.5.22 released
Date: 11 Oct 2002 10:22:51 +0200

>>>>> "W" == W L Estes <address@hidden> writes:

W> As always, feedback is appreciated.

I have a few comments, which are mainly related to the fact that I'm
used to packages where I run `./configure && make && make check &&
make install'.  It turns out you don't use make check, like most
packages, but make test.

This revealed for instance that test-create is not shipped :(  So this
is my first stab to flex's build system.  I have also removed what I
know is useless with more recent Autoconf/Automake (2.54/1.7).

I have a failure:

    Executing test test-c++-multiple-scanners
    Test  FAILED. See test-c++-multiple-scanners/OUTPUT for details.

I can provide details if this is not known.

BTW: Of course I was about to send a ChangeLog, but running `make
distcheck' to check my patch killed the ChangeLog.  This is
unfortunate.  Today most people write the ChangeLog and have CVS use
the ChangeLog as log message, not the converse.