Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK re-endrant

From: xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK re-endrant
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:19:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Joey,

your patch indicates some of the code regions that are not reentrant.

(The xmalloc and xfree function offer the possibility to hunt down memory
leaks and have been quite valuable in development of GLPK.)

If GLPK would only address POSIX systems the library pthread could be used
to create the necessary locks to make the code reentrant. An idea is given
in
http://www.megacoder.com/files/presentation/Thread-Safe_Programming.pdf
Thread-Safe Programming

Including a library like  http://openmp.org/wp/ OpenMP
would allow creating code that is both threadsafe and easy
to compile on diverse systems.

OpenMP is available with GCC, VisualStudio 2008 and other compilers:
http://openmp.org/wp/openmp-compilers/ OpenMP Compilers

Best regards

Xypron