RE: [Help-glpk] GLPK re-endrant

From: Giampaolo Tomassoni
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] GLPK re-endrant
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 18:08:47 +0200

Nevertheless, most of the software around nowadays is meant to be run by
multi-cored CPUs. So, reentrancy actually seems to me something very close
to a requisite. The GLPK team will surely have to face it ASAP.

Also, I think that a reentrant version of GLPK would not suffer too much
decrease in performances, not even to mention the fact that GLPK could
eventually gain some benefits by exploring further the multithreading area.

What about a multithreaded branch-and-bound algorithm, in example?

OS and framework dependencies would be less than an issue even there, since
the current GLPK approach of the xmalloc/xfree wrappers could be extended to
thread and mutex management.

Giampaolo