Re: [Help-glpk] inf as RHS of constraint

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] inf as RHS of constraint
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:55:17 +1300 (NZDT)

Hello Xypron, hello all

Is this "inf" as a key word or string -- or "inf" as a
genuine IEEE 754 floating point infinity?

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_754

The reason I ask is that I recently fed GLPK a NaN and
it simply printed a short message and died:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-glpk/2011-01/msg00001.html

In this regard, might it also be useful if GLPK
recognized and processed floating point 'inf's ?

Clearly, 'inf's carry more meaning than 'NaN's!

Robbie

> To:          Kevin Hunter <address@hidden>, "Andrew Makhorin"
> Subject:     Re: [Help-glpk] inf as RHS of constraint
> From:       "glpk xypron" <address@hidden>
> Date:        Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:49:54 +0100
>
> Hello Kevin, hello Andrew,
>
>>> Which version of GLPK have you been using? GLPK
>>> 4.45 should support inf and infinity.
>
> the following patch should resolve the issue.
>
> Best regards
>
> Xypron

[snip - the patch]

---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]