[Help-glpk] Suppressing output

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: [Help-glpk] Suppressing output
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 19:20:21 +1200 (NZST)

To:          address@hidden
Subject:     Suppressing output
From:        P?id? Creed <address@hidden>
Date:        Thu, 12 May 2011 13:44:38 +0100

> Hi,
>
> Is there any option to suppress output when using GLPK?
> I have a python program that is using GLPK to solve a
> sequence of LPs, which causes something like the
> following to be printed to my output.
>
> [snip - example output]
>
> However, I would rather only see the final line of
> output (which does not come from GLPK):
>
> No separator of arity 3
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> P?id?

Hello list

>From memory, this question comes up occasionally.
How about adding the following options set to GLPSOL:

Options controlling run-time reporting to standard output:
   --debug n         control debug reporting (0 = off, 3 = all)
   --showinfo n      control info (0 = off, 1 = omit progress, 2 = all)
   --silent          write only errors (--debug 1 --showinfo 0)

If Andrew thinks this a reasonable idea, maybe a C
programmer on this list could write and test a patch?

I realize that "1> /dev/null" could be used on Linux, but
many non-programmers find the syntax confusing:

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/818255/in-the-bash-shell-what-is-21

just a thought, Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]