Re: [Help-glpk] Linux GLPK library

From: Nigel Galloway
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Linux GLPK library
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 05:55:52 -0700

You don't say which Linux. For slackware try http://sotirov-bg.net/slackpack/pack.cgi?id=1600. For Fedora or other rpm systems try http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=glpk. For Debian try http://packages.debian.org/stable/glpk (though this is 4.43 while the others and the latest is 4.48). If you can not find a suitable package for your platform download the Slackware which is just a gzipped tar file and extarct:
usr/include/glpk.h
usr/bin/glpsol
usr/lib64/libglpk.so.33.0.0
usr/lib64/libglpk.la

If your linux has a complete tool chain installed compilation of glpk is easy:

If you have root access:
  ./configure
  make
  make install (as root)