Re: [Help-glpk] Linux GLPK library

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Linux GLPK library
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 03:15:10 +0400

> Unfortunately, the general case is that it will not work.
>
> The reason is that there is skew among the various  Linux distros
> particularly relative to libc with the result that executables tend to
> dump core if run on a different distro. This is the reason that
> commercial software running on Linux has very specific system
> requirements.

Since I don't have an access to different Linux distributions, I tried
to check a statically linked glpsol executable (built under Debian) with
http://ispras.linuxbase.org/index.php/About_Linux_Application_Checker ,
and that checker didn't find incompatibilities at least for main Linux
distributions. So your comment puzzles me.