Emacs 21.3.50 on OS X 10.2.2

From: Gavin White
Subject: Emacs 21.3.50 on OS X 10.2.2
Date: 11 Nov 2002 17:52:04 -0800

I updated Jaguar to 10.2.2 today, and now Emacs won't load.  I last
made emacs (bootstrap, with carbon, without X) on September 9.  I am
remaking emacs (bootstrap, configured without carbon and with X), but
this is time-consuming.

The error I get is as follows:
Fatal error (10).Bus error

Both my makes are from CVS sources.  The version I'm make-ing right
now is from an update with -D "2001-11-01", as suggested by
http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi-emacs/

I'm sure there will be other folks with the same problem.  Is there a
quicker fix?  Is this an Apple issue?