Re: Mac OS X: Rebuild Require after Security Update 2002-11-21

From: Hugo Wolf
Subject: Re: Mac OS X: Rebuild Require after Security Update 2002-11-21
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 20:15:58 GMT

In article <241120021255059837%duboisj@codeweavers.com>, Josh DuBois wrote:
> I wiped all the emacs remnants out of /usr/local and the CVS tip built
> after that.

I had a feeling that was the source of trouble -- either that or not
doing 'make distclean' first.

> I always have to make one change when I build, though: I have to add
> "x-win.el" to the DONTCOMPILE list in lisp/Makefile.  I would generate
> a patch for this, but
> a.) it's trivial, and
> b.) I suspect something may be wrong with my build tree, anyway,
> because I'm still not getting emacs in a .app wrapper.

You shouldn't have to make this change, and you should have an
Emacs.app in the emacs/mac directory.  Did you run the configure step
with "--with-carbon"?  Last time this came up someone posted their
build steps and they'd omitted this.  I pointed it out, but there was
never any further response on the subject.

> However, I have
> a terminal version that works so I'll live with that for now.

Is that really any more useful than Apple's build?