Re: (Newbie) How to turn AutoFill-mode on/off

From: Kester Clegg
Subject: Re: (Newbie) How to turn AutoFill-mode on/off
Date: 25 Nov 2002 14:57:16 +0000

Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> writes:

> ken <ken@cleveland.lug.net> writes:
>
> > I just did a quick search of the web for "master's thesis" and got
> > nearly twenty-six thousand (26,000) hits.  Granted, not all were
> > actually master's theses, but well more than half of the first
> > several pages were, and at least one of those came from a Harvard
> > grad student.
>
> I wonder how many were originally written in HTML?  It's trivial to
> convert from Word to HTML, and not fairly easy to convert from LaTeX
> to HTML.

???  have you used LaTeX2HTML?  Does an excellent job IMO.  Plus the
same latex document can easily have a pdf output...  and pdf is the
linguafranca for *typeset* documents on the web, not HTML because it's
typesetting capabilities are zilch.  Almost as bad as Word's in fact,
but without the cute viruses.

Kester Clegg                            Dept. of Computer Science,
Research Assistant (UTC)                University of York,
Tel (01904) 43 27 49                    email: kester at cs.york.ac.uk