Re: Scroll two buffers in unison

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Scroll two buffers in unison
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:44:37 +0000

"Eli Zaretskii" wrote:

> I just typed "i scroll TAB" in the Emacs Manual's *info* buffer, and saw
> several possible completions, one of them "scrolling all windows", and
> another one "scrolling windows together". Choosing any one of these leads
> to the description of scroll-all-mode.
>
> This is in the CVS version of Emacs, so perhaps the released version
> doesn't yet have those index entries. However, the point I'd like to
> drive home is that the moste efficient way of looking up something
> quickly is the Info Mode's `i' command.

The released versions don't have tab-completion for the Info i command,
AFAICS. The best one can do is use "i scroll [RET]", and then use the `,'
key to cycle through the matches. And scroll-all mode, although it happens
to come near the top of the alphabetical list offerred by `i [TAB'], is way
down the cycle for `i ,', and then it's not exactly obvious, being at the
end of the "Window Handling Convenience Features and Customization"
section.