Re: Tab doesn't work in emacs

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Tab doesn't work in emacs
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:40:27 -0500

Original Message:
-----------------
From:  kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:13:52 +0100
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

"the_tick@brok3n.org" <the_tick@brok3n.org> writes:

> There is nothing there..

Huh?  For example, C-h c C-b will print

    C-b runs the command backward-char

in the last line of the window.  Are you *sure* that this does not
happen for TAB?

Maybe try C-h k TAB instead of C-h c TAB -- C-h k is less easy to
miss :-)

Heh, it is a bit easier, but nothing happens. I push C-h k, and it says end
of buffer in the status line, and then I push TAB, and absolutely nothing
happens. The file I am in is Tiny.m. Tab works fine in any file that
doesn't have an extension, or has the extension .cpp or .dll.. I'm probably
missing something, or being ignorant about it.. Thanks for all the help so
far though

Chris

--
Ambibibentists unite!