Re: Is this a bug in cperl mode

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: Is this a bug in cperl mode
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:26:48 +0100

Harry Putnam <hgp@sbcglobal.net> skribis:
> I get:
>   forward-sexp: Scan error: "Unbalanced parentheses", 169, 212

That's the $opt_s which is recognized as a substitution s)...)...)

> Daniel writes:
> > such single occurences of 's' they're a nightmare in both variants.

> Seems like regular perl-mode deals with that.  At least in this case.
> Can code be stolen or example drawn from it?

Oh no, it's far worse!  Give it a nice s/a'b/y"z/ and watch it get lost.
Recognizing s (and its kin) is definitely the right thing to do.  Alas it's
hard to do perfectly...

> Oh and can some thing be set so that
>   if(some_test){
>     some_action
>   }

> Isn't expanded into:
>   if (some_test) {
>     some_action
>   }

Sounds like one of the hairy options.  Btw. I just checked, I don't have
hairy on, because I didn't like it.  And after all hairy doesn't influence
the s))) scan.

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

-- GPL 3: take the wind out of Palladium's sails! --
 ------
  -- My other stuff here too, sawfish, make.pl...: --
   ------
    -- http://dapfy.bei.t-online.de/ --