Re: What's a better regexp for 'sentence-end' variable??

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: What's a better regexp for 'sentence-end' variable??
Date: 18 Feb 2003 23:32:49 +0100

gebser@ameritech.net writes:

> Oliver,
>
> Thanks very much.  That works fairly well.  I amended the regexp just a
> little bit to include "sentence-end"s which are normal, just a period
> etc. and a space.
>
> The question now is how to have this load when emacs loads.  I put it in
> .emacs, reloaded, and got an error:
>
> Error in init file: Symbol's value as variable is void: sgml-mode-map
>
> This is because it's not in the path.  So how do I get it in the
> path?

Uh?  Maybe it is only defined in sgml-mode.  Then it might help to
write
(eval-after-load 'sgml-mode
  (define-key sgml-mode-map (kbd "M-e") 'my-html-forward-sentence))

You can also use (add-hook sgml-mode-hook ...), but frankly, that
makes it quite more complicated to ensure that sgml-mode-map is
changed just once.