Re: emacs21 config

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: emacs21 config
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 13:58:07 +0100

Please reply to the group / list so that others can help / learn.

"Bruce Park" wrote:

>>From: Glenn Morris <gmorris+news@ast.cam.ac.uk>
>>
>>Edit ~/.Xdefaults:
>>
>>!! Adjust values to taste.
>>Emacs.pane.menubar.margin: 0
>>Emacs.pane.menubar.shadowThickness: 0
>>
>>xrdb ~/.Xdefaults
>
> Exactly what does this do? It didn't change the size of the menubar
> at all.

I think the "X Resources" section of the Emacs manual explains it far
better than I could.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Do you want to change the
font-size of the menubar? If so, try something like

Emacs.pane.menubar.*font:
-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1

All I can say is, "it works for me" (emacs-21.3,
--with-x-toolkit=athena, under X windows).

If it doesn't work for you, you need to provide more information.
What is your OS? Which Emacs version? What configuration options (see
the variable system-configuration-options)?