Re: Oldest running Emacs version

From: Luis Fernandes
Subject: Re: Oldest running Emacs version
Date: 07 May 2003 10:34:49 -0400

    me> I'm wondering which version of Emacs is the oldest still
    me> currently running. Please let us know.

    me> (I would not be surprised if someone is still running 18.x; I
    me> would be surprised at 17.x. I still have 19.34 installed (the
    me> best Emacs ever released) on our system but have switched to
    me> 21.0.106 (the 21.1 pre-test) :)

In hindsight, I see that perhaps I should have worded the question
differently. :)

What I want to know is the oldest version of Emacs *still in use*.
You know someone who refuses to upgrade their Emacs to the latest and
are still running the version they first encountered.  For example,
someone located the sources to Gnus 2.0 (they're up on gnus.org now)
and perhaps this "stubborn" person is using it to read USENET on
Emacs 18.x-- that's what I was interested in.

>From a personal example, i skipped Emacs 20.x entirely because of the
Mule-Wars and happily lived with 19.34 for the longest time.

(I originally forgot to xpost to comp.emacs, now added; the more the
merrier :)