Re: ECB for LaTeX?

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: ECB for LaTeX?
Date: 13 May 2003 17:30:25 +0100

  Klaus> I think, in my role as the ECB-maintainer i can bring some
  Klaus> light into the darkness ;-)

  Kai> I'm wondering if ECB would be of any help for composing
  >> LaTeX Kai> documents.  Opinions?
  >>
  >> It should be. The new version in CVS does a speedbar like display
  >> in

  Klaus> Not only a speedbar-like mechanism

I said "speedbar like display". Since its in a window of its own,
rather than speedbar, it is indeed only speedbar like.

Do forgive me, I'm going through a pedantic phase!

  >> the methods buffer (or sections, subsections and so on), although
  >> when I last tried this it didn't work cleanly, and sadly I have
  >> no had time to write up a good bug report.

  Klaus> Yes, i know...this was the reason i have posted an
  Klaus> announcement in the ECB-mailing list about the new feature in
  Klaus> the CVS...people should beta-test this so i can make this
  Klaus> feature stable for next production-version of ECB.  Currently
  Klaus> I'm quite busy but i hope to find the time in the near future
  Klaus> to fix currently existing bugs in this new feature.

  Klaus> And for this some bug-reports from users would be really
  Klaus> helpful ;-)

Yeah, I know. The problem at the moment is the best bug report I can
give, is "it doesn't work cleanly", which I guessed, correctly as it
turns out, that you already knew this.

Normally I would be happy to spend a little bit of time tracking this
down, what works, and what doesn't, or even get my debugger out and
fix up a patch. But I'm just too busy at the moment.

  >> This was a feature that I asked for, because the methods buffer
  >> was empty when using latex, when it would have been very useful.

  Klaus> Yes, thanks to Phil for this suggestion!

Thanks for implementing it! I'm sure it too a fair bit more work than
making the suggestion. This why I would normally like to write a
proper bug report...it seems small recompense for being given such
useful software for free (and freely!).

Cheers

Phil