Re: Has anyone actually built emacs 21.3 for SOLARIS (sparc)?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Has anyone actually built emacs 21.3 for SOLARIS (sparc)?
Date: 21 May 2003 18:49:19 -0400

> And to IGNORE the idea of a RUN path.  (Since one
> person evidently believes in it, maybe a few
> educational words on why not -- the more you
> explain, in some depth, the more that other
> people will learn, and have an easier time with
> building eg emacs.)

If you're referring to me, I don't advocate the use of LD_LIBRARY_PATH
either.  I only suggested you to *try* it to see if it works around your
problem (which it should have, but it seems that you didn't even bother to
try or to report the result of trying).
Trying it this way is a matter of 10 seconds (no need to reconfigure and/or
recompile).

        Stefan