Re: global-set-key [? \ M-ö]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: global-set-key [? \ M-ö]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 06:49:13 +0300

> From: "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: 24 May 2003 11:10:06 -0400
>
> > The Emacs manual already suggests to put -*-unibyte: t-*- cookie into
> > your .emacs if it binds commands to non-ASCII keys; see the node
>
> It had better be fixed, then, because it's not correct.

The unibyte binding is only _one_ of the methods suggested by the
manual.  IIRC, none of the methods mentioned there works universally,
so having each one fail in some situation is something we should
expect, and this deficiency in itself should not IMHO be the reason to
delete this advice.  The fact is that it helped the OP in this case.

However, feel free to raise the issue on emacs-devel if you think the
manual should be changed in this regard.