Re: simple editor required

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: simple editor required
Date: 24 Jun 2003 19:05:28 -0400

> Thanks for agreeing!  What's more surprising is that 10%
> of the user base didn't report this 10 years ago, and thus
> was fixed years before I they installed 20.7.1 on this box.

It's probably because most users actually like to use the tool
in the way it was intended to work rather than work hard to
use it in a different way and then be surprised that it doesn't
do what they want.

> I am mostly using text mode to write C code.

No wonder it doesn't work well.  Try to use tar-mode to edit those
C files and you'll have even more fun ;-)

        Stefan