Re: Off-topic: Plain text, XML or LaTex?

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: Re: Off-topic: Plain text, XML or LaTex?
Date: 24 Jun 2003 22:37:19 -0500

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, jeff.rancier@softechnics.com wrote:

> the power of using docbook is the fact that you have your
> source written once in XML, then the theory is you can generate
> various output formats (with possibe intermediate
> translations), from the same source.  I.e., HTML, FO, PDF, etc.

Plus, the sales factor to your fellow compadres and upper
management includes the letters, XML.  My company is on the verge
of moving to docbook as its publication format (based solely on
my publications with it) and the fact that it has XML in its
description has the sexiness needed.  I could have never sold
some version of TEX, no matter how much better it might have
been.  Either way, one source for the documentation is the key,
and tagged documentation is the way to go.

--
Galen Boyer