Re: Printing from Emacs

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Printing from Emacs
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:52:02 +0200

"Harter, Douglas" <dharter@state.pa.us> writes:

> and evaluate it (or let it in .emacs and restart emacs) and try to Print
> Buffer on any file in emacs, I do not get a printer listing.

You may wish to start with M-x lpr-buffer RET, it is a more basic
command than M-x print-buffer RET.

lpr-buffer, despite its name, also invokes lp, depending on the
setting of lpr-command.

print-buffer also invokes the pr command which is used for paginating
the output.  This often fails.

You might also like to try M-x ps-print-buffer RET.  It is more
advanced than lpr-buffer, because it prints postscript.  However,
many people are very well set up for printing postscript, so often it
surprisingly works without too much ado.
--
~/.signature