Re: MS Windows "Alt-Menu" support

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: MS Windows "Alt-Menu" support
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 12:01:52 +0200

"Herb Martin" <news@LearnQuick.com> writes:

> Can it be coded at the Elisp level or must it be compiled
> in?

I haven't looked at the code, but I believe that the new Alt behavior
needs to be done on the C level.

While the new Alt behavior would be good for Windows users, I wonder
what users of other OSes do?  I think it's also becoming common with
modern X11 applications that Alt-X invokes the menu bar entry X.  But
I think for X11 apps, it's hold-down-Alt-while-pressing-X instead of
the Windows way.

Any ideas?
--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.