Re: elisp mouse programming problems

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: elisp mouse programming problems
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 19:45:19 +0200

"David Vanderschel" <DJV1@Austin.RR.com> writes:

> One possibility that did occur to me last night was that my program
> could itself introduce a new minor mode, invoke it, and do something
> to assure that its keymap is at the front of the list.  Then it
> _could_ override the bindings of other minor modes.  Yet you did not
> suggest this solution.  Is there some reason why it would not work?

Why do you have the right to have the last say?  (Or to come first,
or whatever?)

Why shouldn't super-nifty-mode be allowed to get the event?

See, whatever it might be that people build into Emacs to allow a
mode to say "I'm more important" -- when you have two modes that say
this, you're in trouble.
--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.