Re: highlight parts of various buffers

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: highlight parts of various buffers
Date: 15 Nov 2003 17:26:44 +0100

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:

> It works for me.  What version of Emacs are you using?

GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2002-04-09 on porky.devel.redhat.com

> Can you select text with the mouse in Inferior Lisp mode?

Yes

> What does `C-h k M-g u' say?

When I press `C-h k M-g u' being in my Inferior Lisp buffer, I get

M-g u runs the command facemenu-set-underline
   which is an interactive Lisp function.
(facemenu-set-underline)

Select face `underline' for subsequent insertion.

In fact, pressing M-g in the Inferior Lisp buffer asks me which face I want, so
I press `b' for bold, for example, but then nothing happens - not a beep, no
message in *Messages*, simply nothing.

If I switch to fundamental mode or text mode, set the face of the text (this
works), and switch back to Inferior Lisp mode afterwards, the boldface (or
whatever) disappears immediately.

Very strange

Martin