Re: highlight parts of various buffers

From: Rob Thorpe
Subject: Re: highlight parts of various buffers
Date: 15 Nov 2003 07:28:11 -0800

Peter Lee <pete_lee@swbell.net> wrote in message
news:<uu156y370.fsf@swbell.net>...

>     Kevin> the mouse in Inferior Lisp mode?  What does `C-h k M-g u'
>     Kevin> say?
>
> I have M-g bound to goto-line... mistake I guess.. what is it bound
> to for you?  Or is there a way to see what the default keymapping is
> without restarting emacs with -q.  I didn't know there was a way to
> highlight like that outside of the highlight-regex funcs.
>
> Thanks.

The site-lisp file shipped with Mandrake and Red Hat does this
unfortunately.  Its a pity really, since goto-line isn't very useful.

You could:-
- turn of font-lock-mode
- turn on highlight-changes-mode
- turn font-lock-mode back on again

In my Emacs this works, but it looks like someone needs to make
highlight-changes-mode work with font-lock.