How make function to run a shell command ON BUFFER??

From: Yehudah Rubinsky
Subject: How make function to run a shell command ON BUFFER??
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 08:57:51 -0500

>pychecker is a function that checks Python code.. e.g.
>pychecker myprogram.py

>How make an Emacs function to run pychecker on buffer???
>I guess function will have to run a shell command with the 1 and only
>argument being the name of buffer.

Pyhton mode's Ctl-c Ctl-c runs the python interpreter against the buffer. The good new is this will check the syntax of the python code, including the use of C-x` to step to each error in turn. The bad news is that it will actually run the python code, which may have undesirable side effects.

Best,
Yehudah Rubinsky