Re: GNU.org is down

From: David Steuber
Subject: Re: GNU.org is down
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:09:50 GMT

vls@m-net.arbornet.org (V. L. Simpson) writes:

> David Steuber <david.steuber@verizon.net> writes:
>
> > When CVS is fully restored, will I have to use SSH in the future?
> > I've been doing the following:
> >
> > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs
>
> I just did a quick check w/o CVS_RSH set and received a hung
> connection.  With CVS_RSH=ssh everything worked fine.  So yes it
> appears ssh is now required for anonymous downloads.
>
> Note--You only need the client installed, a running sshd is not necessary.

I must be missing something.  I have ssh.  I set CVS_RSH=ssh.  But
the above cvs command still doesn't work for me.  I must need to
change something else.

--
   One Emacs to rule them all.  One Emacs to find them,
   One Emacs to take commands and to the keystrokes bind them,

All other programming languages wish they were Lisp.