Re: Program structure of Pstricks, what is its basic structure?

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Program structure of Pstricks, what is its basic structure?
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:10:24 -0600

crashedandburnt1@hotmail.com (Crashedandburnt) writes:

> Timothy Van Zandt Prof of Economics, INSEAD <tvz@stern.nyu.edu>
> writes:
>
>> Sorry, but that is malicious slander, and so asinine I'm not sure I
>> should lower myself to a response. pstricks has quite extensive
>> documentation besides the user's guide. The file pstricks.doc
>> documents the main source code and various other extensions have
>> some documentation. I don't have anything I've never released.
>
> First, the preamble:
>
> 1;; The civilized mode of discussion is without name calling and
> without ego.

And Dr Van Zandt made a civilized comment without calling you any
names.  Which is more than can be said for your prior post!

> Unfortunately, the Achilles Heel of the academia is ego. Often grad
> students fired for ego.

Umm, a grad student can't be fired, since they're paying for the
education they are receiving.

> 3;; I would gladly apologize if you have satisfactory documentation.

He has offered documentation which is verifiable:  pstricks.doc.

> Although a comment per line of code is not too much,I do not hold
> your package to this standard.

A comment per line of code is certainly far too much!  Any reasonably
competent programmer doesn't need such handholding; comments are only
needed for the nob-obvious sections of code.

> 5;; This preamble is not an accusation or directed to any person and
> do not get angry. I hope replies have not been initiated before this
> point.

It certainly reads like an accusation, and your comments were quite
pointedly directed at Dr. Van Zandt.