Re: Program structure of Pstricks, what is its basic structure?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Program structure of Pstricks, what is its basic structure?
Date: 24 Feb 2004 04:21:53 +0100

crashedandburnt1@hotmail.com (Crashedandburnt) writes:

>     effort. I help anonymously. We all know that there are numerous
>     unsung heros of free software movement. Certainly, it is
>     impossible to refer to them individually and it is easiest to
>     give credit to them collectively by naming Stallman. But to ask
>     me to write the doc by figuring it out is plain mischief.

Even Stallman himself would call this nonsense you write preposterous.
He is not out for recognition of himself, but for the GNU project.
And not for some general goodness or whatever, but for recognition
where it actually employed, namely in GNU/Linux systems.

And how do you think documentation comes into being?  By writing
itself magically?

> I recall, you said in the conversation that you spent "just too much
> time" on it.

If any such communication has happened (which I consider quite
unlikely), this is and remains a valid reply.  You are entitled to
what you bargained for, and for nothing else.

> But the point is that when one spends so much time on writing a
> package, refining it and then writing about 76 page pairs of user
> manual, it is not much effort to document the workings of the
> package for others to learn and benefit from, since it was put in
> the public domain.

Good, then write a pstricks replacement, 76 page pairs of user manual
and document the workings of the package for others to learn and
benefit from.  Blessings, honour and power be unto you.

Until then, shut up.