Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:58:54 GMT

> It's the opposite in my case.  For example, "M-g M-g" is invaluable as
> a means to fix bad font-lock fontifications (a.k.a. syntax
> highlighting).

I'd be interested to know when that happens.
I mean... I know I can come up with cases, but I basically never bump into
them, so if you have real-world cases where font-lock needs M-g M-g to fix
things, I'd be interested to know so we can try and get those things
right automatically.

The only one I actually know about is the multi-line regexp case (such as
in \title{...\n...} in LaTeX) but this is solved AFAIK with
(setq font-lock-multiline t).

        Stefan