Re: How to alias directories?

From: Peter Lee
Subject: Re: How to alias directories?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:29:59 GMT

>>>> J Krugman writes:

    jkrugman> It is a pain to type these long pathnames whenever I
    jkrugman> need to find a new file in one of these two directories
    jkrugman> (this happens whenever I'm visiting a buffer
    jkrugman> corresponding to a file in one of the two directories,
    jkrugman> and try to find-file a file that lives in the other directory).

I use abbrevs for this.  They are usable from the minibuffer to.

(define-abbrev global-abbrev-table "xdd" "~/some/long/path/to/dd/")
(define-abbrev global-abbrev-table "xee" "~/another/long/path/to/ee/")

With those defined you can: C-x C-f xddC-x a e