Re: adding german and french quotes to latin-ltx.el

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: adding german and french quotes to latin-ltx.el
Date: 06 May 2004 16:51:32 +0200

Karl Eichwalder <ke@suse.de> writes:

> > Ah, ok.  What were the objections to your proposal?
>
> Dave Love was not sure whether those abbreviations are actually
> known to users familiar with LaTeX.  I'd say they are somehow
> "official"; at least, they are to be found in Kopka's handbook.

Go wash out your mouth with soap.  LaTeX developers are in general not
overly fond of Kopka's ways of promoting outdated, wrong and
inconsistent material.  His books are not really anything close to
being recognized as "official".

More relevant is that those abbreviations are provided by the babel
package which is an officially required part of LaTeX.