Re: Setting mwheel down/up to new function

From: burlo_stumproot
Subject: Re: Setting mwheel down/up to new function
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:43:46 GMT

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> On Mon, May 10 2004, burlo_stumproot@notvalid.se wrote:
>
> > I would like to change the behavior of mouse-wheel up and mouse-wheel down.
> > I though it would be nice to map them to gnus-article-goto-prev-page and
> > gnus-summary-next-page. I tried putting the following in my .gnus
> > but aparently it's completly ignored.
> >
> > (global-set-key [mouse-4] 'gnus-summary-next-page)
> > (global-set-key [mouse-5] 'gnus-article-goto-prev-page)
>
> Global settings make no sense here.

I know, I know but my ntemacs is only used for gnus
and I dont remember how to set somthing only when
running gnus.

Over 10 years since I did any serios e-lisp stuff.

> > Any hints ?
>
> Did you try `mouse-wheel-follow-mouse'?

A variable that let's you scroll the window your pointer is over. No
and I dont know if it's relevant, I dont want any scrolling at all.

But somthing is grabbing my mouse scrolling before this
(global-set-key [mouse-4] 'gnus-summary-next-page) has a chance
to run. I had a look in mwheel.el but is't over my head.

So,
any more tips?