Re: dabbrev-hover.el v. 0.1

From: Vagn Johansen
Subject: Re: dabbrev-hover.el v. 0.1
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:46:29 +0200

Enila Nero <geortal@yahoo.com> writes:

> Vagn Johansen writes:
> [...]
>> I also think i would prefer if it did not fiddle with the RET keybinding
>> (customizable?).
> [...]
>
> Being in effect while in the minibuffer with the RET keybinding is a
> bad recipe.

Yes, I quickly ran into problems in Info mode. I pressed i (for
Info-index), typed something and pressed RET. Expansion happened when I
did not want it too.

However the second t in dabbrev-hover-install is responsible for changing
the RET binding, so it could be disabled:

(dabbrev-hover-install t nil) ; first t means install globally

I wonder if dh-complete *must* be used. dabbrev-expand seems work to just
as well and I already have it bound to a convenient key.

> Is it needed at all in the minibuffer?

The tooltip feature? I don't think so. I rarely use dabbrev-expand /
dabbrev-complete in the minibuffer.

--
Vagn Johansen