Re: Displaying TABS vs SPACES

From: Kevin Dziulko
Subject: Re: Displaying TABS vs SPACES
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 05:10:37 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure if there's a mode, but if your looking to convert tabs to spaces or vice versa, there are a number of methods and tools to help you.  Regular expressions will help, for example to replace tabs with spaces:
M-x replace-regexp <RET>
press TAB key <RET>
press SPACE BAR desired number of times <RET>

Also, C-x, h to mark buffer, then M-C-\ to indent all lines according to your style might help.

exits funnel <exitsfunnel@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to distinguish tabs from
consecutive spaces in some source code I've inherited
so I can get the formatting straightened out, but I
can't figure out how. I'm sure there must be a mode
which allows me to distinguish the two. If anyone
could point me in the right direction I'd really
appreciate it.

-exits