tail-mode vs auto-revert-tail-mode

From: Bruce Ingalls
Subject: tail-mode vs auto-revert-tail-mode
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 18:36:09 GMT

I do not wish to fan flames, but rather, to make users' lives
easier, with better default choices, and keep the size of
EMacro Libs down by removing duplicate functions.

Has anyone compared
tail-mode <url: http://dapfy.bei.t-online.de/tail-mode.el >
auto-revert-tail-mode <url: http://www.russet.org.uk >
?
Which do you like better?

I am less concerned with supporting old Emacs versions, but I am
concerned about OS and XEmacs compatibility, as well as user
experience.

I am leaning toward the auto-revert suite, as it seems to do a little more than tail-mode alone.