Re: keybinding issue

From: Lowell Kirsh
Subject: Re: keybinding issue
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 01:17:50 -0700

It works :) Thanks.

Kai Grossjohann wrote:

Lowell Kirsh <lkirsh@cs.ubc.ca> writes:

I'm using emacs 21.3 on Win XP and would like to bind a function to
shift-tab. Is this possible? The problem I am having is that emacs
seems to see shift-tab and tab as the same thing. For example, when
I do a C-h k shift-tab, the minibuffer says 'Describe key: TAB'. It
doesn't seem to recognize that shift was pressed. This happens with
either of the shift keys.

If shift-foo is unbound, Emacs looks up the binding of foo.  This
means that you can still hit C-f and so on even if caps lock is on.

So just bind (kbd "S-<tab>") and Bob's your uncle.

Kai