integrating PDFLaTeX with emacs?

From: Elvis Chen
Subject: integrating PDFLaTeX with emacs?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:50:32 -0500

hi all,

sorry for what may be a trivial question, but please help if it is trivial
nonetheless :)

I'm trying to get PDFLaTeX to play nicely with emacs.  I'm using Linux
Suse 9.1 with Emacs-21.3.  I would like to edit my ~/.gnu-emacs-custom
such that I can rebind the keys:

Ctrl-c Ctrl-f to "pdflatex" my .tex file, and
Ctrl-c Ctrl-v to launch xpdf to view the resulting .pdf file

can someone give me a hint please?

>From emacsWiki I have found what may work:
(setq tex-command "pdftex")
(defun tex-view ()
    (interactive)
    (tex-send-command "xpdf" (tex-append tex-print-file ".pdf")))

but it doesn't.  my key-binding were still tied to latex/xdvi

tia,

ECC