Re: integrating PDFLaTeX with emacs?

From: Daniel Wright
Subject: Re: integrating PDFLaTeX with emacs?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:50:08 +0100

Elvis Chen wrote:
hi all,

sorry for what may be a trivial question, but please help if it is trivial
nonetheless :)

I'm trying to get PDFLaTeX to play nicely with emacs.  I'm using Linux
Suse 9.1 with Emacs-21.3.  I would like to edit my ~/.gnu-emacs-custom
such that I can rebind the keys:

Ctrl-c Ctrl-f to "pdflatex" my .tex file, and
Ctrl-c Ctrl-v to launch xpdf to view the resulting .pdf file

can someone give me a hint please?

Hi!
Are you using AucTeX?
<URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/>
It provides the things you'd like to do and a lot, lot more.
Greetings,
Daniel.