Re: Is Emacs becoming Word?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Is Emacs becoming Word?
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:04:01 +0100

Am 26.03.2005 um 08:15 schrieb Greg Novak:

I don't get that here.  What did you switch on to get it?

This suddenly appeared after updating software, in this case on an OS
X machine.  I didn't enable any switch (myself), I just got it.

Hello Greg!

Could you look into the *Messages* buffer? I noticed that in the last ten days GNU Emacs from CVS loads disp-table, that can cause these unwanted changes. If it happens that you can't see in *Messages* a line like

        (/Applications/Emacs22.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs)

which stands for the actual Emacs binary in the bundle, then put this line into your .emacs file:

        (setq message-log-max 256)

How does the modeline start with in python-mode?

--
Greetings

  Pete