Re: Does anyone use menus?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Does anyone use menus?
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:30:37 -0400

Johan Bockgård wrote:

> "roodwriter@core.com" <roodwriter@core.com> writes:
>
>> I generally have the menu bar hidden, revealing it once a month when
>> I use the mouse to change one bookmark. If it weren't there I'd be
>> forced to learn the bookmarking command, which would probably be
>> good for me.
>
> When menu-bar-mode is off you can use C-<down-mouse-3> to display the
> menu as a popup.

Every time I think I have a pretty good handle on Emacs someone throws
something like this at me.

This is a really handy tip. Thanks.

--Rod

--
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at

To reply take the extra "o" out of the name.