Re: C-p, C-b, C-f, and C-n... why?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: C-p, C-b, C-f, and C-n... why?
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 00:12:02 +0100

roodwriter@core.com wrote:

Not to get into a big dispute about it, but I remember when I first looked at the Emacs tutorial and saw you had to cursor with the control keys, my first thought was maybe I'd bitten off too much. When I found the arrow keys worked I relaxed and started learning. I've always wondered how many people were intimidated by the cursoring section and quit before starting. I wouldn't have had the initial doubts if it'd been clear from the beginning the arrow keys were usable.

But that's me. I'm glad Emacs does both.

I remember the same thing. And I am glad Emacs does vi keys too ;-)