Re: Kill ring and backward-kill-word

From: don provan
Subject: Re: Kill ring and backward-kill-word
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 03:10:03 -0800

"Shug Boabby" <Shug.Boabby@gmail.com> writes:

> i never *ever* want to delete a single word and then wish to yank it
> somewhere else, so i want my setup to reflect this.

You know, this reminds me that many years ago when I switched from
Emacs knockoffs that didn't do this to GNU Emacs that did, I found it
astonishing and annoying. I never got around to doing anything about
it, and now I use this feature all the time without so much as
thinking about it. Yes, occasionally it means having to M-y over junk,
but much more often I've gotten a word I want to put somewhere else
into the kill ring with a single kill-word command instead of the
three step mark-move-kill.

-don provan