Re: How can I move my cursor 80 characters with a key binding?

From: Scott Teresi (sent by Nabble.com)
Subject: Re: How can I move my cursor 80 characters with a key binding?
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 08:53:47 -0800 (PST)

Well, that's great! The built-in key combination is almost good enough, but I think I might need to do the custom key binding so that I can rapidly jump the cursor 80 characters, repeatedly. If I have a line that takes up 10 lines on the screen (a paragraph of text, for instance), and I need to get to the center of that paragraph, I'd have to jump forward several times to get there. (I think the key binding would be easier for me than trying to guess exactly how many characters to jump forward.)

Does anyone know an easier way to cursor around a very long line? I'm pretty frustrated with how I can't simply hit the up arrow and move up to the previous line on the screen (which is actually part of the same very long line), but it's an improvement over PICO which always adds a carriage return at the edge of the screen. I use the Terminal program in Mac OS X which doesn't seem to allow mouse input.

Thanks a lot for your help! Merry Christmas!

Scott

Sent from the Emacs - Help forum at Nabble.com:
Re: How can I move my cursor 80 characters with a key binding?