Icon designer wanted (Aquamacs Emacs)

From: David Reitter
Subject: Icon designer wanted (Aquamacs Emacs)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:34:32 +0000

Hi there,

I'm looking for someone with a knack for producing nice icons. I'd like to have new icons for common Emacs toolbars in the Aquamacs Emacs project (http://aquamacs.org). The goal is to produce something that is visually appealing in the context of modern, GUI based operating environments. Icons from GNOME and OS X would be typical examples.

I already have a complete set of pretty icons provided by a user - however, their copyright status was either unclear or clearly non-GPL compatible, which made them an unsuitable choice for us as a GPL'ed project. However, the big advantage for us is that we can draw from icons used in a variety of other projects. So much of the core work is done -- what remains is to find and select the right icons, make them look uniform / coherent, draw remaining ones.

If you have an interest in graphics, and you would like to contribute to a fun open source project, please e-mail me!

- D

http://www.david-reitter.com