enhance flyspell for german language (+TeX)

From: Sebastian Meisel
Subject: enhance flyspell for german language (+TeX)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:12:09 +0100

I'm not very good at elisp programming and that is actually to tough for me.
Hopefully some of you can help me.

In german language there are many combined words, many of which are of the
form: Word+s+word or Word+en+word. Ispell has difficulties with these. Now I
have an idea how to enhance the behavior of ispell using flyspell und latex
hyphenationmarks.

flyspell should do the following:

When it comes to a word contaning one or more german hyphenation mark ("-) an
ispell-parser is set to 'tex and dictionary is "german" or "german8" it shall

1) check each of the components  of the word with ispell
2) if it fails for one, check it capitalized
3) if it still fails and the words end on -s or -en, check it without these
and capitalized.

That's to complex for me to program it, but I think it should be possible with
elisp. I'd be very thankfull, if some one could do that job for me.

--
Sebas茶an Meisel