Re: Problem with after-change-functions hook

From: user240
Subject: Re: Problem with after-change-functions hook
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:38:20 -0800 (PST)

In the buffer I want the hook to be active I get:
"
`after-change-functions' is a simple built-in variable.

Value: (function)

Documentation:
List of functions to call after each text change.
Three arguments are passed to each function: the positions of
the beginning and end of the range of changed text,
and the length of the pre-change text replaced by that range.
(For an insertion, the pre-change length is zero;
for a deletion, that length is the number of characters deleted,
and the post-change beginning and end are at the same place.)

Buffer changes made while executing `after-change-functions'
don't call any before-change or after-change functions.
"

and the same for every other buffer, including the minibuffer.
note - I'm using xemacs 21.4.17 in Ubuntu linux.