Re: emacs is slow while processing a big file

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: emacs is slow while processing a big file
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:02:02 +0000

Saravanan M D <Saravanan.MD@arm.com> wrote on Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:55:39
+0530:
> I am using emacs-21.3. When i open a big file and navigate through it.
> It is very slow even to get to the next page. If i open the same file
> with gvim it is faster. what should i do to speed up this.

Well, you could start by telling us a bit more about the file!  What
"mode" was it loaded in, i.e. was it a text file, a C source file, or
what?  How big was it?  Is there anything else noteworthy about the file?

> Thanks,
> saravanan

> contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy
> the information in any medium.

Whoops, sorry, too late!  I've actually read your email.  I've actually
stored its contents.  Sorry!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter