Re: Deleting nameless BBDB Entry

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Deleting nameless BBDB Entry
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:17:16 +0100

  >> Yes, I know. It's a bit of a worry, but BBDB could do with some
  >> recoding. The user interface hooks are fairly nice and usable,
  >> though, and I suspect its still quite widely used. Perhaps
  >> "feature complete" rather than abandoned is more appropriate.
  >>
  >> I thought that something based around muse (in the same way that
  >> planner mode is) would be quite nice, even if the searching
  >> capabilities left something to be desired.

  BS> I just found planner a couple of days ago and I have been using
  BS> it quite a bit, including starting the contact database that I
  BS> was planning on moving into BBDB from various sources.

It's good, but a bit young yet. I've started using it out of
necessity, but it still lacks features to make it highly
usable. Still, it's good that Emacs is finally trying to move beyond
diary mode, which is a bit too low level for the modern world.

  BS> Planner/wiki is nice because you can make a pretty nice free
  BS> form tag or header based database with embedded links without
  BS> having to worry about *any* file format (other than the simple
  BS> wiki markup in your file), and it works well with external Unix
  BS> tools if you follow something like the email/usenet message
  BS> structure format.  I'm still in the design process and trying
  BS> some ideas, but wiki/muse is a really nice place to start that
  BS> doesn't require any coding to get your data in a ... uh ... base
  BS> :)

Makes sense. Will look forward to seeing it.

Cheers

Phil